Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Inspiration for The Birch Collection

Yesterday PRINTLine released the first few products from The Birch Collection. I'm not quite sure what sparked the idea for these designs, we don't have any birch trees here in Brazil, but there is just something about the tall, straight trees with their signature marks that is so pleasing to the eye. I had in mind a fall/winter wedding with cool silver and rich red colors.


I am also loving the color grey and how it combines so naturally with other colors, and has such a cool feeling about it. A very different property than working with a warmer color such as brown. As I worked with the tall lines and thin branches I introduced some other elements from nature, a simple bird shape and heart shaped leaves. With the complexity of a birch tree pattern you don't really need too much other "stuff" in the picture. 

It always amazes me how colors work together and how changing one color can have a dramatic impact on the whole image. While I created this collection using greys and maroon/red tones I am making it available on Etsy with 6 different color combinations - orange, pink, purple, blue, green, and the original red scheme. Just for comparison's sake - look at these two examples of our Birch Wedding invitation in two different colors - a totally different feeling in each one.


So far this collection includes a Save the Date announcement, a Wedding invitation, an RSVP card and matching Envelope Wrapper. Coming soon are some decorative circles and tent cards to use at the main event. 

Here's a peek at the collection so far:

Of course, these designs can be adapted to any sort of event. We are always happy to work with you to create the perfect product for any occasion. 

6 comments:

  1. Your items are beautiful!

    my blog: http://allpatchedupquilts.blogspot.com/

    my etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AllPatchedUpQuilts

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your work! i'm your new reader from blogging buddies. please follow me =)
    leicaloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful designs!

    So nice to meet you through Etsy’s Blogging Buddies Team.
    I am your newest blog follower! :)

    All the best,
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello from canada taara
    i just started a blog this year too.
    your stuff is beautiful. I'll look forward to following along.
    carol

    http://mycraftcave.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very beautiful, thanks for sharing and I hope you are enjoying your time in Brazil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see a work in progress by other artisans. I was sent here from BloggingBuddies and am your latest follower.
    I would love for you to stop by my - fairly - new blog - Thank you!
    http://ImagesByCW.com

    ReplyDelete